자유게시판

Your future Black Friday shopping spree may be in AR or VR

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Michale
댓글 0건 조회 1,555회 작성일 22-09-07 10:14

본문

id="article-body" class="row" section="article-body" data-component="trackCWV">

Neha Singh points her at an empty section of the dark-wood floor by the entrance to the Techstars startup accelerator in Manhattan's Flatiron District.
The smartphone's screen at first simply shows the space in front of us, but then a small digital 3D pop-up store appears. There are three golden mannequins dressed in tank tops and high-waisted skirts, along roblox jailbreak shirt with gucci bag and no shirt on shiny cylindrical displays holding a military-green Gucci leather bag and a pair of black Louboutin heels. Singh then moves her phone closer to one mannequin to show me the detail and texture of a blue floral dress. the whole arrangement is basically Pokemon Go, but for fashion.

Singh is a former Google engineer and Vogue tech executive who last year founded , a startup that develops and concepts for retailers, similar to the AR demo she shows me. Working out of the Techstars co-working office, she's among a small but growing group of developers and retailers conjuring up a potentially more interactive future of online commerce using AR, which overlays digital images onto the real world, and VR, which provides immersive, fully digital experiences.

"The user interface for e-commerce hasn't changed in 20 years," Singh tells me, describing online sites' typical grid of products arranged against a white background. "It's great if you're trying to buy toilet paper, it's not if you're trying to buy fashion."

So far, both AR and VR have found an early audience in gaming, but they haven't migrated much to , where online and traditional stores are still just testing out the technologies. That means AR and VR likely won't change the way you shop this or . But as both technologies develop in the years to come and become more prominent in phones, they have the potential to alter our shopping habits and help retailers sell us more stuff online.

window.CnetFunctions.logWithLabel('%c One Trust ', "IFrame loaded: iframe_youtube with class optanon-category-C0003");

E-commerce sales still make up less than 10 percent of total US retail sales, according to the Census Bureau. Creating new ways for people to see what a sofa will look like at home or to view a pair of pants on a 3D model could boost that number -- and result in even fewer people going to brick-and-mortar stores.

"This going to bring it to the next level," Carolina Milanesi, an analyst for Creative Strategies, said of VR and AR's potential impact on e-commerce.

But while AR and VR may be more interactive than a static webpage, they still don't offer basic things like the feel of a fabric or the exact fit of dress. Plus, the steep cost of many VR headsets has kept that technology from reaching the mainstream. Given those factors, it's possible a future where we strap on headsets to go shopping in our living rooms or to conjure up mini stores stores using our phones may never arrive.
Betting on AR
A few weeks before my meeting with Singh, I went up to a luxe penthouse apartment just down the street from the World Trade Center, where eBay was hosting a showcase of some of its newest technologies.

In one corner, Fred Zaw, a product designer for the company, showed me a prototype app called What's Your Worth. He points his smartphone at an array of electronics and video games displayed on a table in front of him. Then the app showed on the phone's screen each product with a colorful bubble floating above it saying what the item is and its price on eBay.

The app could someday let you simply wave your phone in a junk drawer to find out if something gathering dust is worth selling online.

Two new AR platforms for mobile phones, on Apple's iOS and on Google's Android, should enable significant growth in the number of AR apps and features. ARKit launched with iOS 11 in September, while ARCore isn't yet publicly available.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

회원로그인

회원가입

사이트 정보

회사명 : 회사명 / 대표 : 대표자명
주소 : OO도 OO시 OO구 OO동 123-45
사업자 등록번호 : 123-45-67890
전화 : 02-123-4567 팩스 : 02-123-4568
통신판매업신고번호 : 제 OO구 - 123호
개인정보관리책임자 : 정보책임자명

접속자집계

오늘
어제
최대
전체
Copyright © 소유하신 도메인. All rights reserved.